The Shell Group's Commitment
Recruiting professionals to execute projects that improve quality of life shows only part of The Shell Group’s commitment to help build a better world. The other part takes shape in the hands and hearts of our employees; we volunteer time, donate funds and contribute in-kind gifts to support worthy causes in communities where we live and work.
The Shell Group donates funds for scholarships and materials to educate and inspire young people to value free enterprise, business, and economics to improve the quality of their lives. These programs show the value of staying in school, develop positive attitudes towards work, build a better workforce for tomorrow, help children understand what it means to be a good citizen, encourage a spirit of teamwork and teach a sense of family and community.
Our clients include leading global A/E/C firms that provide professional services to better the environment. The Shell Group is committed to the same path towards a sustainable future and supports our clients’ initiatives by recruiting professionals in the areas of:
- Renewable Energy (wind, solar, biomass, geothermal)
- Sustainability Strategy & Management
- Sustainable Building Design & Building Commissioning
- Greenhouse Gas Management
- Ecosystem Management
- Site Management
- Water & Wastewater Management
A shared commitment to a sustainable future is a defining value of The Shell Group. We also recognize that minimizing our own environmental impact is a good decision. The Shell Group is committed to achieving environmental sustainability across operations through its energy efficiency, conservation of resources, and pollution prevention. Internal practices that support our commitment to sustainability include:
- Operating and delivering our services virtually, nearly eliminating business travel.
- Running a “near paperless” office by utilizing email and electronic file storage to eliminate the printing of non-essential documents.
- Performing regular assessments to ensure our office continues to work to conserve resources and use renewables, prevent waste and encourage recycling, and support community organizations.
- Commitment to conducting a comprehensive analysis in order to identify more short-term and long-term sustainability and energy-efficiency conservation measures to reduce our carbon footprints.
The Shell Group and our employees support and participate in many community activities including:
- Holiday donations
- Support for victims of domestic violence
- Volunteer activities for environmental stewardship
- Food drives and donations to shelters
- Support for schools and athletic programs